Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Glee Pays Tribute To Michael Jackson Tonight


Fox's mega-popular series Glee is dedicating an entire episode to Michael Jackson's music tonight. The Glee cast will cover ten of MJ's songs. Here is the song list for tonight's episode: "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'," "Smooth Criminal," "Black or White," "Never Can Say Goodbye," "Bad," "Scream," I Just Can't Stop Loving You," "Ben," "I Want You Back" and "Human Nature." It's interesting that "Billie Jean" and "Beat It" are not on the list. It seems that they would have been obvious choices, but overall it's not a bad list. I've already watched the Glee treatment of "Smooth Criminal" and "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" on youtube. The cover of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" is pretty decent, but they do a really good job on "Smooth Criminal," which features some great cello playing by renowned duo 2Cellos. Here's a clip of the performance.

I'm not a big Glee fan. I think I've only watched one or two episodes, but I'll definitely have to check out tonight's episode. It will be interesting to see what they do with the other songs on the list. The episode is scheduled to air at 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET/PT on Fox.

Related blog entry: Michael Jackson's Bad: Out Of The Shadow Of Thriller





No comments: